January 30, 2009
Welcome to the first installment of Fudge Filled Friday, because life is better with a little bit of fudge. Every Friday, a delicious fudge recipe will be featured. Some will be from our personal files, some will be from gleaning websites, and the others will be collected from readers. If you have a favorite fudge recipe, we want to hear from you! Please email either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with those recipes.
Here is one of my favorites. You can never go wrong with a little coffee, toffee, and liqueur.
Toffee Coffee Fudge
• 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
• 2 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
• 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet or dark chocolate morsels
• 1 8 oz pkg crushed English toffee chunks (Heath Bits ‘o Brickle works great)
• 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur
1. Line an 8 or 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil, overlapping the sides slightly for easy removal; butter the foil on the insides, set aside.
2. In a large, heavy saucepan, combine condensed milk, ¼ cup coffee liqueur, and instant coffee granules.
3. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; and let simmer for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture thickens slightly.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in the chocolate morsels, stirring until melted and smooth. Add the toffee chunks and remaining coffee liqueur, stirring well to combine.
5. Spread evenly into aluminum lined pan.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
7. Lift foil onto cutting board, peel fudge from foil and cut into uniform squares to serve.
But the most important direction of them all: ENJOY!
Have a blissful Friday!
January 28, 2009
Just make sure you disinfect your phone first!
For those who are new, this is how it works: leave a comment with your best caption. I’ll randomly choose one commenter to win a $10.00 e-certificate from Amazon. I’ll pick a winner Friday morning before I leave for the weekend.
Here’s my attempt:
Can I borrow your phone? Nevermind.
January 27, 2009
Well, I’ve gone and done it. I’ve set up yet another blog. And I’m not done. Cynthia’s blog will be forthcoming. Anyhow, I have now made my new presence known. I’m here to stay. Muahahahahahaha!
Re-Introducing Wednesday Weirdness — 1/28 (That’s tomorrow! Doh!)
Introducing “Fudge Filled Fridays” — 1/30 (This Friday.)
And my random rants and raves all through the rest of the week.
Thanks for stopping by. I’m still revamping everything, but wanted to get blogging ASAP.